Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Forgetful

I have been very bad about posting about James.  We have been so busy this past month and I keep saying to myself "I need to write about that so I remember" but then when I go to actually write things down I have forgotten all about it.  Like today I thought of several things I wanted to post but I now can't remember them all.  So I guess I will just list the things I remember for now (only in the order I remember them, not the order they happened).

  1. James' new favorite game is "katars" (guitars) also known as Guitar Hero.  He is always asking me to play this game now and loves to sing along.  I really think music in a big deal to him.  It is his favorite part of nursery, he sings all the time, he often goes and turns his music on at home then sits in his chair and rocks for hours. 
  2. Last week at Speech I had a long discussion with Amber about how once he gets his sucker he is done.  He wanted it in the middle of speech but she said no because he zones out so much.  The whole time we were talking in fact he had a sucker and was paying attention to no one.  So then when we were done talking I said, "James can you say 'bye Amber'" not expecting anything.  We laughed a little about the sucker then I grabbed his hand to go and he stopped looked right at Amber and said "Bye Amber".  We were all pretty shocked (even the receptionist.)
  3. James has gotten to be an even more picky eater.  Now the only think I know for sure he will consume is Chocolate or "Pink" milk.  No more waffles, triangle sandwiches, bananas, applesauce, or chicken nuggets.  Yesterday I was keeping track because I have been noticing how unhealthy he has been looking.  He at 1/2 a piece of my toast, maybe snack at school, a bite of his sandwich, some goldfish, maybe a bite of his pancake, and a few bites of applesauce.  I really don't know how he still has so much energy.
  4. Today James almost made me cry, twice.  It is a little silly I know but after having basically ignored his brother for so long it always touches me when I see him being a good big brother.  First was on the way home from speech.  I always bring triangle sandwiches for the boys to eat on the way home.  I know Mikey will be asleep before we get home, and James always eats better in the car.  So I got one sandwich out and gave one triangle to Mikey and the rest to James.  Then we were driving home and I hear James say "One for Mikey" and I look in my mirror and there is James taking one of his triangles and giving it to his brother.  Then tonight.  I bought the boys a box of Junior Mints to share, but hadn't given it to them.  Dad found it and opened it and left it on the table.  I was sitting on the couch with Mikey when James walks out holding the box with one in his hand.  He comes over to us and says "Here Mikey" and forces the candy into Mikey's hand. It is so sweet to see him taking care of his little brother.  Then when I asked for one he gave me 3!  

1 comment:

Sarah McK said...

It's so sweet that he wants to share with Mikey! Callum loves "pink" milk as well!