Friday, June 3, 2011

1.5 Weeks

Well we are about 1 and a half weeks into our three month experiment with a Gluten Free diet.  So far I have to say we are NOT enjoying it at all.  James seems mostly unaffected by not having certain things around.  The only thing he really asks for that we can't have any more are "circle waffles" (egos).  But so far this is what we have seen as far as behavior:

  • Less talking
  • Less interaction
  • Less focus
  • More meltdowns
Overall he seems to be a lot more "autistic" now then a few weeks ago.  He spends most of his time just wandering around in a daze or laying on the only tile floor in our house with his blanket over the vent.  I have read that there is some regression when you first start the diet, so I am hoping that this is what it is and as we continue he will start to come out of it.  Or it may be due to something else completely like lack of sleep (he does not sleep as much now that Mikey moved into his room), or being out of school (he didn't act like this when he was out of school for a week for spring break).  I guess only time will tell.

No comments: