We have now been on the diet for 3 weeks. You could say that it is getting easier...or we are just not starving as much anymore. It is a good thing James and Doug are ok with eating the same things every day! Doug has been eating Chex cereal every morning with a mix of Rice and Almond milk (I found if you mix them then you get the same consistency as cow's milk) and he admitted today that he actually likes it better than cow's milk....on cereal. James has been eating waffles that I made and froze. He eats an entire waffle every morning, which I have to say Doug and I can't even do that.
I think we may finally be getting past the withdrawal stage. And moving on to a new aggression stage. This part I am just making up, but James has gotten a lot more aggressive the past few days. I have to say I am not liking this side of my sweet little boy. He makes more eye contact, talks a lot more and seems to be playing appropriately with toys more. But he is just is so much more aggressive. I hope this stage passes quickly because if this is the result of the diet I think we may just give it up! It is nice to have more of a real conversation but I sure hate hearing things like "Stop it!" yelled at me in a very angry voice and wondering if I leave him alone with his brother is he really going to hit him like it looks like he wants to.
1 comment:
Why do you and Doug have to be gluten free/hungry? Just trying to mainstream the meals? I am impressed that you got Doug to go along with this...I was under the impression that the Allen children (and father) were pretty picky eaters! I wish we would have crossed paths this weekend...Cal would have loved your boys! Good luck with this!
Post a Comment