Skill Area: Language
Present Level of Performance:
James is currently using single words and short phrases to communicate. He is beginning to learn shapes and colors. James needs to increase his sentences length, improve his ability to use words for different functions, follow directions and answer questions.
Goal:
1. Given a variety of developmentally appropriate language activities, James will improve his language skills by mastering 4 out of 6 of the following objectives:
Label objects and pictures
Follow 1 step directions
Use words to request his wants and needs
Use words to have a verbal interaction with a peer
And I think the other two got left off so I will have to ask about that.
Skill Area: Developmental Skills
Present Level of Performance:
James is a sweet little boy who seems to enjoy being at preschool. He struggles to follow the routines of the day such as sitting at circle time. He needs to continue to work on his attention skills. We will work on these goals throughout the preschool day.
Goals:
1. James will demonstrate age appropriate skills as he follows the routines in the classroom.
2. James will attend to an activity for 3-4 minutes.
3. James will play alongside his peers in an age appropriate manner
Skill Area: OT Skills
Present Level of Performance:
James enjoys preschool and will stay with activities when it is his idea. However, James struggles to sit and attend to a teacher directed activity. He is able to complete puzzles but struggles to cut, draw, and use small manipulative toys.
Goals:
1. James will participate in 10 minute fine motor manipulative activities to improve hand strength and on task skills.
2. Use improved self-regulation strategies to participate in classroom activities for 8-10 minutes.
3. James will demonstrate age appropriate writing designs such as coloring in space, tracing straight lines and imitating + O
4. James will demonstrated basic bilateral hand skills as he uses his hand to stabilize a paper and cut 10 inches within a 1/4 inch of the line.
Yesterday after I read through his new goals I decided to practice some of them at home. I am going to try and be much more consistent with doing table time with him for at least 15 minutes a day. Yesterday we did his m&m sorting activity then worked on cutting lines, when he did much better than he did several months ago. Then I got out the coloring book and crayons. He was pretty distracted with the tattoos in the back but after we got a few on him I was able to get him to color a little. I was amazed how well he did. First I told him to color the cat. And he did, even holding the crayon in a more correct manner than he used to. The after a few more distractions with the tattoos I got him to color the car. Again I was amazed by how well he stayed "in the lines". He could not color this well a month ago. It was just scribbles all over the page.
| James coloring 10-14-10 |
1 comment:
That's great that you can see James making some good progress!! I can see a huge difference in his coloring just since the birthday picture he sent to me last month!
Post a Comment