Friday, July 16, 2010

Where?

This week I read an article written by a parent of a child with Autism.  It was about how we celebrate the little things.  So true.  Her story was about her 13 year old son asking a question to get information, when he had never done before ("Why are we driving around in circles?")  I am writing about a similar accomplishment.  Today James asked a clarifying question, twice.
This morning he was looking for Pink.  He headed down the hall to his bedroom, I saw it in the kitchen so I said "Pink's right there."  He stopped, turned around, looked at me, and said, "Where?"  It was like having a real conversation with him!  I was excited.  Later he was looking for his "Big Boy Potty."  And headed into the other room where it used to be before I cleaned up.  Again I said, "James it's out here."  He stopped, turned, looked at me, and said "Where?"  Twice in one day!  We should have a party.

2 comments:

Judi said...

Where is the "like" button? We need a "like" button.

Sarah McK said...

Woohoo! Party indeed!